If you're looking for Olson family updates, then visit our family blog, I Love You Same.

The rants and recipes found here are solely mine.

Monday, July 12, 2010

You Say Tomato...


If you get a cool day this summer, you must use your garden bounty to make this treat. I try to roast tomatoes whenever I can. This is a slow roast recipe. You can also roast them on your grill if it's too hot. Biz over at Biggest Diabetic Loser has a great recipe for grilled tomato soup that's to die for. (Thanks Biz!) Instructions for grilling tomatoes can be found at her wonderful website. Be warned, you will find yourself lost in her fabulous pictures and recipes.

Roasted Tomatoes

Use in pasta or rice salads, to toss with basil and hot pasta, or eat directly from the fridge. Great on cooked chicken or fish. Mix with roasted peppers and put on a sandwich. Mix with white beans, fresh basil......If you can't figure out what to do with them, drop them off at my house! Yum.

Line a big pan with parchment paper. Wash and slice your cherry tomatoes in half or chop regular tomato into bite size pieces (I've never tried this, but I'm sure it will work). Slicing the tomatoes is a tedious job that you can pawn off on your kids. Add several cloves of garlic, unpeeled or peeled. I was lazy the day I made this, so I left them unpeeled. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.

Then roast in your preheated 225 degree oven for 3 hours. Your house will smell amazing. Cool and store in a covered container in your fridge.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I triple dog dare you to comment.

Taking a little time to play with words, to play with food, and just to play!